This is only referential information, we recommend to to ask directions to your travel agency, or in the Ecuatorian diplomatic representations in your country (Consulates and/or Embassies).

Ecuador welcomes to people around the world to visit or establish permanently. If you go to Ecuador as tourist or in a bussiness trip for 90 or less days within a period of 12 months (cronologic year), a visa is not necessary.


  • Your passport need to have at least six moths of validity between your travel dates
  • A round trip ticket is necessary to demonstrate your permanence period in the country

If your'e a member of the andean comunity, a passport is not necessary, because you can travel with your national id card. When entering Ecuador, you must fill an tourist card, this is a very important document, the migratory authority will register it and will tell you how many days you are allowed to stay in Ecuador.

If you are going to take internal flights or pass through checkpoints, its mandatory to present your passport/id card and the tourist card.

From January 21, 2013, Ecuador requires the previous presentation of an "invitation letter" to Cuban citizens in order to enter Ecuador, through international airports or authorized border pass. This letter must be legalized in the Foreign Relationship and Human Mobility Ministry, and fulfill the following requisites in order to control the migratory flow between the two countries and avoid human trafficking.

The invitation letter should be presented to the Legalization unit of the Foreign Relationship and Human Mobility Ministry in Quito or in any other of its regional coordinations, before the entrance of cuban citizens to Ecuador. Anyone fulfilling this requirement, will be able to stay in Ecuador up to 90 days.

The invitation letter must fulfill the following:

  1. By an affidavit made before a notary, the permanence period must be registered (90 days top) and the inviting ecuatorian citizen (or foreigner citizen with inmigrant visa) agreeds to the commitment on cover all permanency expenses and the return of the invited.
  2. The ecuatorian or foreigner citizen should present by itself personally, with its id card, in order to legalize the affidavit on the invitation letter to a cuban citizen, including the letter form and the tax on rent declaration.
  3. One ecuatorian citizen will be able to invite just one cuban citizen in a period of 12 months, and this cuban citizen will be able to be invited just once in a year. The inviting should attach to the affidavit of the invitation letter as enabling documents, a readable copy of the id card and the passport of the invited.
  4. The inviting citizen should demonstrate economic solvency, by presenting its last tax-on-rent declaration. This declaration has to evidence that the inviting citizen has an income of at least 12.000 U.S. Dollars. It will be accepted de form 107 and the printed form wich is printed, sealed and emited by the Internal Rents Service (SRI). The Legalization Unit of the Ministry, reserves the right to verify the presented information consulting the SRI website.
  5. The affidavit, the format of invitation letter and the tax declaration will conform one legal body and shoul be presented by duplicate
  6. Once accomplishing the procedure, the inviting citizen will send the legalized invitation letter to the cuban citizen, wich will have to present this documentation when entering to Ecuador.
  7. Presenting false data on the invitation letter will be sanctioned according to the ecuatorian penal legislation in force

Ecuador's decision on requesting the invitation letter was officially comunicated to the cuban government.

If you need to stay in Ecuador for a period longer than 90 days, in the following links you will be able to know the existing kinds of visas for non-inmigrants, with the necessary requisites, admition subjects, validity, fees, and renovation requirements. Foreigner citizens should present and complete with all the required documentation, no exceptions, in order to be able to opt for one migratory category.

Non-Inmigrant Visa

Inmigrant Visa

countries whose citizens require visa to enter Ecuador

  • China
  • Afganistan
  • Bangladesh
  • Eritrea
  • Etiopia
  • Kenia
  • Nepal
  • Nigeria
  • Pakistan
  • Somalia

To get further information please check:

Track 1: Wireless Networks

Training of participants in the use of tools and techniques for installing...

Read more.

Track 2: IPv6 Deployment

Following, a detailed description of the course which will be imparted as...

Read more.

Track 3: Network Management

Provide participants with a set of structured theoretical principles on...

Read more.

Track 4: Security Informatics

This track will provide the participants with an overview of the...

Read more.

Track 5: High Availability and Virtualization

Provide an overview to participants, for acquire theoretical and Practical bases...

Read more.

Track 6: Wireless Sensor Networks

In this workshop we will present the use of various low-cost...

Read more.

Organizing Institutions

International Sponsors






Special thanks to the National Science Foundation (NSF) for the support given to WALC and EsLaRed through the Network Startup Resource Center (NSRC).